Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 6, barrel springs (4/24)

We all have good and bad days and I'll admit this one didn't start out on such a good note. Last night the wind was really strong and camping options were pretty limited. At around ten I was pretty convinced my tent had blown down with me in it. I dragged myself out only to discover that my tent was still staked no problem but the wind was so strong that it was blowing about half the tent in on itself. So after a loud and cramped few hours of sleep I was more than ready to say goodbye to that campsite. Only my tent stakes didn't really agree. After fighting with it for twenty minutes I had to give in and admit I had lost. The rock at mile 80 something had won and could keep the stupid half a stake that had snapped off. Oh and no it was a supposedly super strong groundhog stake for those of you that are curious.

Finally left camp and got to hike with someone knew. Booked it ten miles to our next water and the day was looking up.








The water was the infamous third gate cache and was marked by this lovely gate, after which we wandered around in the bushes until we found the incredibly obvious trail about two feet farther on.








Such an amazing thing these trail angels do!

Off into the muggy afternoon we went climbing up the ridge line and traversing our way back down.










Hitting our first big milestone...




And finally making it to our water for the night at barrel springs and a whole new group of people to hang out with.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment