Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 95, Back to the trail

7/22
Daily mileage: about 19
Mile: 1726-1745 (ish)

It's pretty sweet waking up in a real bed next to a bathroom and running water, but the trail was calling. Ran around in circles for a bit. Last minute groceries and other errands. I tried to be speedy but failed. It wasn't until 9:30 that Caveman and I got a ride to the trail. The rest of the group had a ride set up for 11, 8 people is a lot to get to the trailhead at once. Back at the trail I said goodbye to Caveman as I have no intention of hurrying to Crater Lake and I was still busy fiddling with my new solar charger.
After 10 I finally started walking. Nothing like a bit of a road walk to jolt you back to trail life. No clouds or rain today, it was hot in the sun! The trail climbed up towards Pilot Rock winding through forest and open meadows with blooming flowers everywhere.












Lots of people out today, southbound section hikers, day hikers, other backpackers. So much small talk! Ten miles in I got to a spring fed water faucet where I sat enjoying the shade. Caveman was probably way ahead by then but it didn't take long for the rest of the group to catch up. Sat enjoying the water and shade and talking with the trail crew who had camped there. Finally started walking again.









Nothing too thrilling after my break, just walking. Although I don't know where the time goes sometimes. An hour or two will pass and I won't have gone nearly as far as I should. Although it doesn't help when my map says, oh by the way the trail was rerouted at this mile marker but I don't have the GPS so I didn't update the map yet. Umm thanks, I'm just hoping that it doesn't mess with my morning water.


Well I'm pretty darn tired so instead of rambling on its bedtime. Let's see what nonsense tomorrow brings.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment